Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Spring at last!

Well spring has finally arrived! Last night was the first time that we haven’t lit the fire since Brianna was born, so if that’s not proof that spring is here, or at least on its way then I don’t know what is!

We have just finished a lovely visit from Granny, who stayed for over 10 days. Man how the time flies. We spent our time doing a few walks, shopping in town and generally just hanging out and enjoying each others company. Brianna was not her usual bubbly self yesterday morning so I think that she knew that Granny was leaving.

Sometimes when you are living it day to day it can be hard to notice the changes that are happening with your child, but they definitely are happening.

Brianna’s favourite thing at the moment is to poke out her tongue at you. She started it when Granny was here (thanks Granny for teaching her) and the first time and subsequent times we have laughed so she keeps doing it. I think it might be around for a while     :-)

Yesterday morning she did a clever trick of passing her toy from one hand to the other, at first we thought it was a fluke but she did it again and then again today so she is definitely got it sorted. She has got quite a strong grip now and tends to use both her hands to clutch her toys and pulls down hard on her toys in her play gym.

She has started teething as well. No teeth or anything yet, but definitely is biting down hard on the left side of her mouth and has been having very flushed cheeks. I have bought her some teething beads that I have heard people rave about so we will see how they go. My aunty gave me a couple of wooden pegs yesterday and she has been enjoying chomping on them.
Can you see my tongue?

Yum, just like my top says 'I love cupcakes'

Lounging in the sun

To all you kids out there - this peg is great for teething!

Saying goodbye to Granny at the airport

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous wee girl you have!
So great to hear how you doing,see how much your wee girl is growing.
I am coming thru to Dunedin the first wknd of December for a course. Hopefully will have time to pop in and say hi, if not I guess I will just have to come visit you some other time!
I am shifting house this wknd so will send you all my new contact details when I have them.
Take care,
Love Lisa