Thursday, September 30, 2010

Brianna is currently sick with a gastro bug. It started on Tuesday night when she woke up vomiting after only ½ an hour in bed and then proceeded to wake up numerous times during the night. We got into a pretty good routine of hearing her wake and cough and running in fast enough to whip her out of bed and have a bucket on hand rather than have to change the bed all over again.

So after a night of vomiting and then high temperatures in the morning it was off to the Dr to get her checked out. We were advised to try to get as much fluid into her and keep an eye on her. Sometimes the fluids easier said than done and she barely drank anything yesterday afternoon and spent most of her time either lying on me watching TV or sleeping on me. Anytime I tried to get up or to put her in her own bed she would scream blue murder and wouldn’t let me go, so it was rather a tiring day, albeit that I spent most of it sitting around.

No vomiting overnight – wahoo, but she woke this morning seeming even more lethargic than yesterday and kept squinting and falling asleep. Maybe I overreacted but I took her back to the Dr, who checked her over and pretty much said the same thing as yesterday, to keep up the fluids and come back if you are worried. Thankfully at the moment she is sleeping in her own bed and has been for the past few hours, and I guess sleep is probably the best thing for her anyway. Hopefully it doesn’t last too much longer and she truly is on the mend because it is so hard to watch your child be so miserable and not to be able to do anything about it.

Pregnancy is tracking fine, once again I can’t believe how fast the time is going, I am 30 weeks and 3 days now so technically less than 10 weeks to go till d-day. Milo’s growth is great and the midwife asked me this week if she was moving much, I laughed and said she doesn’t stop. Her kicks have some force in them, I can tell you and sometimes takes my breath away. A very active little baby. Its funny, she doesn’t seem to like it much if I try to sleep on my right side, because if I turn over, often she will kick and kick and kick, until I turn myself back over or end up sleeping on my back. Man not even born yet and already ruling my life :-) hehe.

Cheeky monkey

30 weeks

No comments: