So they left about 11.30am on Saturday and I headed up to the Mosgiel shops to do a little browsing and to pick up some DVD’s for the evening.
Visited a friend in the afternoon and it was nice to sit in the sunshine and just think about me, with Kristen having to jump up every so often to rescue her wee man Rueben from his latest find.
The night took a slight detour however, when Scott rang me from the Crib to advise that Brianna had a temp of 39.9 and he was a little worried. In the end we decided that I would head down for the night to give Scott some support and keep an eye on our wee muchkin. So I headed down about 8pm, its not far, so I was there before 9pm.
Brianna was asleep when I got there, but woke up not long after I arrived, and was pleased to see me. And so began the tag team effort of checking on her throughout the night and making sure she had a drink. Her temperature was coming down and by the morning was back to normal again.
Funny in the morning, Brianna didn’t want anything to do with me, more interested in Dad and the Grandparents. So crisis averted, I stayed for breakfast and a bit of a chat and then left for home to continue my solo weekend.
I was home by 11.30am and as the weather wasn’t flash and I had an overnight DVD that was due back, I decided to settle onto the couch with some lunch and watch my DVD. A great girly flick recommended by Mum I thoroughly enjoyed ‘Letters to Juliet’ and it was very luxurious watching a DVD during the day. By the time I had finished, the weather had improved, so I took a wee drive into town to do some relaxing browsing of shops. I didn’t stay too long, preferring the comfort of being at home and close to my tissue box and home comforts. Read a book in the sunshine and even managed a wee snooze, before checking in on the family to ensure that all was well.
After a relaxing evening, of another DVD and sparkling grape juice I slept well and didn’t wake till after 9am this morning. It has been a lovely relaxing morning and I can definitely say that my batteries are feeling much more energised. Though I wish that I could have got rid of my cold etc as well, as that is still dragging me down a bit.
I have to say though, that even having seen my darlings on Saturday night, I am very much looking forward to their arrival back home this afternoon.
Will have to do another post later on to update you on the fun that Brianna had over the weekend at the beach.
Sharing morning tea with Grandad
Miss Cool
Cooling down in the pool
Enjoying an iceblock with Dad after cooling off in the pool
Helping Mum with the baking
1 comment:
Love the pictures. Will really miss you guys and miss seeing the girls grow up. Will have to keep checking the blog. Love Diane
Post a Comment