Sunday, November 14, 2010

Countdown

So only a couple more weeks of pregnancy to go! Had our scan the other week and everything was fine with Milo, and she is still a girl - phew :-)

We thought that we were having Milo early last Friday when I was having some serious niggles and pains etc, enough that I ended up packing my hospital bag.  It turned out to be a false alarm and on Saturday woke up still very much in one piece.

Hehe a funny story happened a couple of days before that too, when I thought that my waters had broken, I stood up to find that I had a wet patch and hurriedly ran off to the toilet to check only to realise that Brianna’s water bottle had been leaking on the chair and there was no cause for alarm.

I have generally been feeling well and keeping well, though the few niggles since last Friday have been a little frustrating, making me second guess everything, but she will come when she is ready and can’t do much about it whether she is early or late. So will just keep hanging in there.

I think last Friday would have been a bit early, but it almost feels now that I have passed into the 'zone of things could happen anytime', so time will tell.

I am looking forward to meeting our new wee person and looking forward to seeing how Brianna is going to interact. I am sure that it will take a little bit of getting used to initially, but that she will be an awesome big sister in a short space of time.

I am also looking forward to not being pregnant in this heat that we have been having. Since Brianna was born in April, almost winter, I didn’t find the summer months too hot, but this time around I have really noticed it. That being said, it really has been very hot and it is certainly not just me who has been struggling with the heat. But either way, not having an internal hot water bottle will be appreciated.
35 weeks

Brianna is doing great, we manage to fill in our weeks with no troubles whatsoever. On Friday night she had a special treat out, we went to the Lone Star for dinner for Pop’s birthday. She had fish n chips for tea and then followed it off with and ice cream sundae, which she thoroughly enjoyed, although she must have been full, cause Dad had to help her finish it. She behaved brilliantly even though by the time we got home it was over an hour past her bedtime.


This morning we had a catch up with a few people from our Antenatal class, actually only 4 kids and their parents turned up, but we had a nice time anyway, at our friend Karen and Graeme’s farm, so we had donkey rides and got to see their lambs and chickens again. Bree was much more confident with the lamb this time than the last time she saw them on the farm.




Bree zonked out after such a busy morning.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi guys. Is always great to see the updates on your family. Hope the last couple of wks go smoothly for you.
I am heading for Australia at the end of Jan, so will try catch up with you before I go.
Best of luck!! xx

Kirsty said...

So glad to see all your latest pictures and news. That last picture of Scott and Brianna is way too cute - gotta love a sleeping toddler. We're thinking of you and can't wait to hear the good news that Milo has arrived. All our love Rob, K and Noah