Monday, January 26, 2009

Dads First Blog …

Hi everyone,

It’s hard to imagine life without the internet – the speed with which we can keep in touch with people is truly amazing and no doubt we still have a long way to go. This blog has been great for Marthah to keep our out of town friends and family up to date with Mojos progress and we hope you have all enjoyed it.

However, now it’s my turn to learn and to add my first blog. A work colleague emailed me the other day checking on an engineering project so I gave him a project progress report. And in the same fashion, here’s the latest on Mojo. Some of it true – but some truths may have been dramatised for effect! :-) Hope you enjoy ....

To The Stakeholders of Contract: HEL001, Shortcode: PBM (Project Baby Mojo),

Project Progress Report
=======================

  • Manufacture is progressing very well. There have been noticeable developments recently and growth of the project has increased quite dramatically since December.
  • We’re still on track to meet the due completion date of 26th April 2009. Progress has been tracking to our initial programme, although we’re not planning an early completion at this stage.
  • The budget has been blown already. The primary manufacturer has exceeded her initial estimate and we are attempting to recover cost overruns through the parent companies. To date this has been unsuccessful with both parent companies not returning our calls.
  • Although the budget has been blown, the good side is that the Project Manager has been receiving contra deals on the side to ensure cash continues to be injected into the furnishing budget.
  • I am personally undertaking twice weekly quality assurance examinations of the internals of the manufacturers premises. I use a lengthy probe for this which has the desired effect, and examines the manufacturers capabilities very well. I have found the manufacturer to encourage these types of inspections.
  • Ultrasonic examinations are now occurring fortnightly by a third party contractor. Visits are made to the contractors premises where the results are known immediately. Everything has been manufactured perfectly so far. The manufacturer has been commended on their skill and quality of the build to date.
  • The internal reticulation [heart] and ventilation [lungs] systems are almost fully complete. Test fluids are currently flowing through the system to check for correct operation. The frequency of the reticulation system has been examined by a third party and it appears to be beating normally.
  • I have had several requests recently from stakeholders if they could have a personal tour of the manufacturers’ premises. Unfortunately there are no site visits allowed for sub contractors to explore the project site. Sorry.
  • The unfortunate news is that I have been so consumed in managing this project that the other two projects I have been working on lately have been neglected and I am now paying Liquidated Damages for not supplying follow up servicing in a timely manner.

No comments: