Thursday, January 15, 2009

Heartbeat

Had an appointment with the midwife yesterday and Scott came along as well. Everything is going fine with Mojo and she is growing normally and has a steady heartbeat.

It was the first time that Scott had heard her heartbeat so very exciting for him. It is an amazing sound and just another step in the process that makes it all seem more real.

With all the technology now when you can see your baby on a scan and hear their heartbeat, it does make you feel more involved in the process and I think helps build the excitement as well.

It certainly has been a bit of a struggle getting back into work this week and I have noticed the impact on my body as well. I haven't sat at a desk on a computer for 3 weeks and have been a bit uncomfortable this week in my lower back, so I must get more diligent in remembering my posture and going for walks throughout the day to give myself a chance to loosen up.

Hehe compounding the sore back, I did a Pilates type class yesterday at the gym and might have overdone it a bit, cause I can certainly feel muscles today that weren't there yesterday.

No comments: