Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Plunket

It has been a while since I have blogged, the reason is because we have been staying up at Mum's (Granny's) in Waipara for the past 10 days, only getting back on Sunday. I will do a full update on our holiday later in the week, but for now want to update on our Plunket visit today.

We are only seeing Plunket on a monthly basis now, which in terms of finding out Brianna's progress, I find a little frustrating, but not much I can do about it, so I do look forward to the visits to find out how she is progressing.

Brianna now weighs 12lb exactly and she has grown from her original birth length of 48cm to now being 57cm. Her growth is excellent and within the normal ranges, and she is a very active wee girl with lots of smiles, giggles and chatter :-)

Her favourite thing at the moment is to suck her fingers, sometimes it is just her thumb and sometimes it is her whole fist, but if she isn't feeding or sleeping then she is generally trying to get her hands in her mouth.

She is getting very strong in her legs and loves kicking them about. She is especially active in the bath and after using Mum's normal bath for the last 2 weeks, her baby bath just isn't big enough for her now and means that far too much water ends up on the floor. She wriggles and kicks and giggles and absolutely loves it.

She has just started sleeping longer during the night, I used to have to get up at about 1am and then again at 5am, but after trying a couple of things, this week, she has been getting up at 4am and then 7.30am so means that I only have to get up once during the night, which is great!

Tune in for an update of our holiday (& photos) later this week!

No comments: