Thursday, May 6, 2010

1st Birthday

Wow – what a milestone!

Bree made it through the first year!

We made it through the first year, things couldn’t be better.

Its hard to know how to summarise our first year, its amazing that when you start the journey you know pretty much nothing about what is going to come, what to expect, and yet somehow you make it through, with a beautiful, happy little girl to show for all the hard work.

Those who say parenting is easy, are trying to kid someone, mostly themselves probably. I am not saying it is terrible but there are some tough times. I remember one night, when Brianna was still very newborn, (within the first few weeks of her being home) and she was crying for what seemed like all night, and Scott and I were lying in bed hugging each other, trying to make each other stay in bed and let her cry it out and eventually go to sleep. It’s so hard to know when to pick them up, put them down, how long to leave them to cry for, and no matter how many books there are out there, your child is different and you just have to figure it out for yourselves.

A client of mine told us that the hardest stage is the one that you are in right now! And I think he is right, it can be hard at the time, but then you look back later and realise it wasn’t actually that bad.

I always considered us pretty lucky actually, when I talk with friends and family about what a great girl Brianna is and how well she sleeps, eats, etc and I forget that we had some tough times at the beginning and that who she is, is largely due to us, Scott and myself, and our network of family and friends. Thank you to everyone who has supported us during this first year and in advance for many more to come.

Thank you to Brianna for coming into our lives and being the gorgeous, happy, loveable child that you are, you have made Mummy & Daddy so proud throughout your year and we love you so much.

Here are some pics from her birthday and a couple extra for good measure.



Wrapping paper proving no match for Brianna



Dad likes my tunnel too :-)

Lounging around on my new couch


Yum chocolate eclairs




I love cherios


Helping Mum sort the washing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of you all. Must have been a good phptographer!!!