Sunday, August 23, 2009

This weekend Brianna got a new toy – a bouncer. Most people know what I mean when I say a Jolly Jumper, well it is basically one of those, but Brianna’s arms go in it as well for extra support and it is one of the many things that Grandma (Scott’s Mum) has kept from when Scott was a baby that we are now benefiting from. So once we updated the bungy cords we were set to go!



Brianna loved the jumper and went in it a few times over the weekend. The first time she kind of just turned around, but still enjoyed it, and then she started to get the hang of it and started doing a bit of jumping. Great fun :-)


Brianna has well and truly found her thumb now, previously she would suck her fist, but now she mostly just sucks her thumb on its own and often curls her fingers over her nose in the process – quite cute.

I originally thought that I didn’t really want Brianna to suck her thumb, which was some of the reason (apart from sanity) that we introduced the dummy, thinking that we could remove it at will. However I have since realised that if your child wants to suck their thumb, unless you want to spend all day telling them off and removing their fingers, then there is pretty much nothing you can do about it.

Apart from looking quite cute, there is also the advantage that unlike the dummy she can’t throw her thumb from the cot and if she gets grizzly she can often self settle with her thumb.


We had gorgeous weather this weekend, so we took Brianna garden shopping yesterday afternoon and her head was going from side to side looking around at all the different plants and sights. Today she came out in the garden with us. I would like to say she was a big help, but truthfully she just sat there and watched us, kind of like in the shot below!


Cuddles with Dad

No comments: