Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Weekend

It’s Easter weekend and for me it doesn’t hold quite the same excitement as it did when I was working full time. The great thing though is that Scott is also home as well, which is great.

Based on the fact that I am due in a couple of weeks, (which really means anytime) we decided to not go away over the long weekend and to stick close to home. We will probably do a day trip somewhere (weather dependant), but other than that, will be chilling out at home and making the most of our ‘couple time’ before Mojo is born.

I have uploaded some photos that Scott took yesterday, so is me at 37 weeks and 4 days.




I am still keeping really well and have still been sleeping well too which is great. Although had a bit of an uncomfortable night last night. Mojo is getting much heavier these days and I kept waking up feeling a bit sore on whichever side I was lying on. Unfortunately during one of these waking times when I went to roll myself over I pulled a muscle just under my bump, and I can tell you it is very painful, and not much I could do about it other than to try and massage the area, thankfully eventually it went away and I went back to sleep.

So I have only got a couple more days on my own next week, Tuesday and Wednesday and then Mum is down to stay, so looking forward to that. I have been giving Mojo clear instructions that she is not allowed to arrive before Mum does. It will be great to have Mum around for some support and guidance, and cooking and cleaning etc :-) hehe

Funny – it occurred to me the other day (and this is possibly true for lots of women), but I have never been in hospital before as an adult. I have been in so many times with Scott and to visit friends and family, but never for myself so it will be a wee bit strange to be honest. Of course what better reason is there to be in hospital, than the birth of your child, whom we can’t wait to meet.

Picked up the Capsule the other day, which for those of you who don’t know is a car seat for babies and clips in and out of the car and also clips onto our buggy for ease of transport, so will be great. It feels a bit strange to be driving around with an empty capsule at the moment, but not long to go and Mojo will be in it, and I will probably start driving like a Nana!

No comments: