Saturday, April 18, 2009

Monitoring follow up

Mum and I went into the hospital yesterday for the follow up monitoring of Mojo’s heartbeat. We had an appointment at 3.00pm and we were early but they sent us away till 3.30pm (something you just have to get used to in the world of antenatal).

Scott had been waiting for a few minutes by the time we arrived. A lovely hospital Midwife (Jo) found me a bed and hooked me up to the CTG machine and the monitoring began. Mojo must have been sleeping because she wasn’t moving much during this time. After 30 minutes of being on the machine the Midwife came back and said that despite the heartbeat was still skipping, she was happy with the monitoring printout and it was a steady consistent rhythm. She checked in with the Dr just to be sure, but they sent me home again and will go back in on Monday to do it all over again.

At this stage, like on Wednesday they are not over concerned, just want to keep monitoring and will make more decisions as time goes on. Jo did mention again that they probably won’t let me go over my due date, so I guess I may have to be induced at some stage.

I left the hospital this time feeling much more reassured than on Wednesday, and also thought that if there was something really serious and they were worried then I wouldn’t be at home at all, I would still be in the hospital being monitored!

So at this stage, all is progressing normally. I just need to keep an eye on Mojo's movements and if I am worried about anything at any stage, then head back into the hospital to get checked out.

No comments: